Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shandygaff and Crabs

This weekend, I went home to Baltimore for Father's Day. And, as any true Baltimore family we had our own little crab feast with Shandygaff and everything.

Shandygaff is a drink my grandparents made when we had crab feasts as a child. It is simply 1 part ginger-ale and 1 part beer.


To complete my Dad's special day, I took him to see Toy Story 3 IMAX 3D (his first!). I also saw it Saturday morning with Jay, partially due to my poor planning. I usually take my Dad to a movie for Father's Day. Two times in one weekend worked out as Toy Story 3 is now by far my favorite and I honestly teared up at the end.

Besides our Father's Day festivities, I managed to work in 2 and 1/2 walks with my mom and I ran my old neighborhood run which was disappointingly shorter than I ever thought it was. It was nice to run in my old stomping ground. I forgot how much I loved running in that my neighborhood. I hope I find some new lovable runs when I move in August. This morning I also went on a quick run after my walk with my mom.

4 miles tomorrow!!!