Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gettin’ back into the groove of things

Let me start first apologize, I did NOT take any photos at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Blasphemy, I know! As a result I will not be posting about the park. Maybe I’ll give you my feedback in a few days, but no promises.

For dinner, we had Pineapple Tofu Teriyaki Stir-fry.

P1020661

This is essentially the same recipe as my Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry, but with Tofu instead of Chicken and minute Brown Rice instead of Millet. I am also on my never ending journey to perfect my Crispy Tofu. I got closer this time!

P1020649P1020650

To accompany dinner, Jay and I played with a Riesling, Juice and Club Soda combo. Nancy and Lan bought the Riesling while they were here. I don’t mind a good glass of Riesling occasionally, but we should have never put both bottles in the fridge or we should have sent them home with the girls (sorry ladies!). It has just been sooo rough trying to drink wine every night since I have been back Winking smile

P1020648

Besides trying to get back into the groove of things with food, I am also trying to get back into the running game. Can you believe it, I have not run since February 15th?!?! Where has all the time gone?

I have been very physically active between trooping around DC with Nancy and Lan and Conference, but I haven’t gone running or lifted weights. I just pray that I don’t get sick again before the Cherry Blossom 10 miler and that I have a pretty injury/illness free training season this summer. Yes, blogging world friends, I am officially registered for the Marine Corps Marathon this fall! Leave me a comment if your running too?!?!?

So, while I have a plan for the MCM this fall, that plan does not start until June. As I mentioned above, right now I need to focus on the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. Tonight, after I post I am going to jump on the treadmill during American Idol and Saturday Jay and I will pump out 7 miles (hopefully). I also have grand plans to go to my gym classes next week before California. I think the key to getting back onto your training schedule is sucking it up and just doing it! I have to start somewhere, that somewhere might as well be today!