Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Everything I Ate Today

Week after week I see so many blogger post everything they ate. I have never been very good about documenting exactly what I eat. Today, I finally did it. Well I almost did it. I accidently ate two things without photographing them, but I was able to snap a quick photo when I got home. Without further adieu, today I ate:

Breakfast: Tina’s Oatmeal Pancake (originally from Kath, who know?) with a cup of coffee

IMG_0298

At work: I snack all day long about every 2 hours. Instead of categorizing my food as “lunch” or a “snack”, I give you all of the food I consumed at my desk.

Usually my morning cup of coffee is enough for the day. After my extra long weekend and with an overflowing e-mailbox, I could not resist a coffee invite from a friend.

IMG_0301

After some quality work and a meeting, I finally had my first snack at 11:30 a.m. I was starving! (which probably explains why I forgot to photograph). I normally have my first snack around 10 a.m. It may have been the coffee or the work piled up on my desk, but I just wasn’t hungry at 10 a.m. So when I ate, I had some Stoneyfield Activia Yogurt (courtesy of a coupon from HLS) with about 1/4 cup of granola (I keep a box in my desk) and some of Mama Pea’s Cow Girl Cornbread (from her new book) with Honey on top.

IMG_0306IMG_0307

Still not feeling like lunch, I snacked on grapes around 12:45 p.m.

IMG_0302

And then some Adora Calcium Chocolate at 1:30 p.m. as motivation to put new subscribers in our database.

IMG_0303

Finally at 2:30 p.m. I had what most people would consider to be a traditional lunch. A salad with Chipotle Ranch dressing and Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies. Like the granola I keep in my desk, I also keep dressing in the work fridge. This is so much easier than having to pack it daily. I love Whole Food’s Chipotle Ranch dressing. It is so spicy that I can only have a little but none of the dressing guilt!

IMG_0304

Dinner: Mary made us Cooking Light’s Lighter Mac and Cheese and I accompanied it with a beer (and an additional helping). Yum!

IMG_0311IMG_0310

Do you document your food daily?

I typically do not document my food. I eat about the same thing everyday with little variation here and there based on what is on sale at the store, leftovers from dinner and my mood. Since training for a marathon, I have noticed I can have an extra snack daily. Besides the extra 250 ish calories, I eat pretty much the same and have no need to count or track my food.

I do slip-up and splurge occasionally, but it’s ok. I think the occasional splurge is an equally important part of Healthy Living.