Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sick Run

I had plans this weekend, but life got in the way. I started the weekend by attending the blogger book club. It was a lot of fun to see everyone again. I just wish I had taken a few more photos!!

IMG_1103

Besides all the lovely food, we talked about the book The Art of Racing of the Rain by Garth Stein. I really enjoyed the book! It was well written and captivating. Several times I even forgot that the books is told from the point of view of the dog. Though I think we all agreed that sometimes the dogs view was a tad far-fetched. Overall a good book and fast read.

Unfortunately, after book club my weekend went downhill fast. I woke up Saturday morning with the worse sore throat and spent the entire day drinking tea and eating chicken soup.

Thankfully, today was better. Since I do not have a fever, I decided to go on a leisurely 4 mile run. It may not have been the 9 mile run I had planned, but it was a run and it felt amazing. After my run, I felt so much better that I even got a few things done around the house.

IMG_1105

Now I just have to decide on whether or not I should go to my Monday morning gym class.

Do you work out when your sick?

I follow the neck rule. If I have above the neck systems I will work out but with less intensity. If I have a fever I take a few days off.